Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today I Learned a Lot

I like to learn and today I learned a lot.  I started the day with a "mommy moment." I had a clear epiphany about one one my children's behaviors.  I love it when that happens.

After getting off to a good start I interviewed a lady about gardening and wrote an article for a magazine.  I have to admit that was fun.  I also had time to myself and drank a hot chocolate. mmm

I cuddled with another child, and we even danced a silly dance in a Subway restaurant.  She giggled and I loved every second of it.

Later I took the kids to the park and soaked up the sun. I watched my kids play and enjoy the afternoon.

Tonight I listened to my oldest read almost an entire chapter of a book when he usually reads just one page.  I was touched by his progress and chuckled when he corrected the author's grammar.  (He was right, by the way.)

So what did I learn?  I learned to listen, I learned to giggle, I learned to smile, I learned to slow down, and I learned to appreciate.

I love days when I learn a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment