Friday, November 5, 2010

Frantic Friday #5 - Let It Go

I have noticed something interesting.  With the downturn in the economy and the belt tightening we all seem to be doing, I don't want extra stuff around me.  I don't want extra toys on the floor or shoved in bins.  I don't want clothes that don't fit, or appliances I don't use.  I don't want to see books I don't read or nick knacks I don't like.

My tolerance for extra "stuff" is about gone.  In fact, I think it is gone.

So what to do?  The obvious options are:
  1. Throw it out
  2. Sell it
  3. Give it away
Throwing things out is hard for me.  I'm always sure someone can use it, but some things really are trash and prying my fingers off is really good for the soul.

Selling stuff takes work, but that work can turn into extra Christmas or grocery money.  I have half of my garage piled up at this moment for a yard sale.  Who knows what type of person will want my stuff, but hopefully someone will.

The last option is donation.  There are agencies all over town who want and need donations to further their causes.  Many of those groups will even come pick up your stuff, which of course makes it the easiest and most tax friendly option. Just make sure you get a receipt.

Anyway, lighten your load, purge your excess and deplete you junk pile.  It is a great way to feel better, have more space, and possibly increase the size of your wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment