Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time to Think It Out

I was talking with some friends of mine last night and I heard an interesting comment.  One of the women is heading on a road trip with her husband and she told us she has an entire list of things to talk about with him on the drive up.  She put it like this, "I have been keeping this list of all the things we need to talk about but never do.  In the car he can't escape and we will get it all discussed and be done with it."

I am sure he has no idea what is about to hit him.

I got to thinking about this and I realized I have a list like this as well.  There are a ton of things I need to discuss with my spouse, but we never seem to get around to it. Some of the items are small, like if he wants a new brand of chips with his lunch.  Some things are bigger, like the dates for a family vacation.  Some things are huge, like the plans for emergency evacuation.

It is amazing the things we don't talk about.

After listening to my friend I have learned a lesson.  I need to keep a list of things that need to be discussed and schedule a time to go through it.  It could mean the difference of being prepared...or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment