Friday, March 26, 2010

Pay it Forward

I got a call this week from a woman who had heard about Prepared Binder and wanted to help me with contacts and resources.  I asked her why she was offering so much help and she told me she was a believer in "Pay It Forward."

I am a fan of Pay It Forward.  A big fan.  I was stunned by the offer and excited by the opprotunity.  Then I was sobered by the implications.

I thought about the things in my life I do to pay it back and wondered why I live my life in arrears.  Don't get me wrong, when doing a good deed the recipient doesn't care if you are paying it back or paying it forward, it is still a good deed.

I thought about all the things I could do to start a new tradition of honesty, integrity and compassion.  The opportunities are endless, even a little overwhelming.

So here you go, a challenge for a Friday.  Do something today for no reason other than to be nice. Put a smile on a face, put hope into a life or just give respect to the disrespected.  Imagine our world if all of us paid it forward. I told you I was a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment