Friday, December 11, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Simple pleasures.  I am a fan of simple pleasures.

Tonight I had the chance to attend my son's choir concert.  It was wonderful.  I don't know if the singing was all that great or if the songs were in tune. I wasn't really paying attention to that.  I do know my son was front and center and sang and danced with his class.  He even had the chance to play an instrument, a surprise to me.  When I asked him later why he hadn't told me, he smiled and said, "Cause it was supposed to be a surprise."

As I held his hand and walked to the car in the cold I realized I was a very happy woman.  Being a mommy is a great job.

The holidays are getting closer and I realized what we all have in common is a season of gratitude.  It does not matter what our religion or customs, this is the time to give thanks.  Tonight I am thankful for my son and his quiet talents which amaze me.  Thanks Pal, sometimes I forget.

P.S. For those of you who read my post about the Mommy Monster I wanted to note that events such as tonight's really help put things in perspective.   I think my Monster may take leave of absence, and that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment