Thursday, December 17, 2009

Prelude to New Year's Resolutions

Every so often I feel the need to throw in a blog about organization.  I know it is shocking.  Just because my company sells a product designed to organize personal paperwork doesn't mean I should actually mention it or anything...

The end of the year is upon us.  We must wrap up the holiday season, clean up the decorations and face a new year.  While it is exciting to see the conclusion of one year and the beginning of another, it can also be very chaotic.  One area of chaos is our paperwork.  We must sift through piles to find receipts for taxes and year end reimbursements.  We must get rid of old paperwork to make room for the new stuff to come.  I can only begin to tell you how much fun I have with the shredder in January.

As much of a task as it can be I think it is important to start the year fresh.  I know I am an organizational nut and a bit militant about such things, but there is nothing more frustrating than starting out a new year with a mess from the last one.

You may wonder why I am bringing this up the week before Christmas.  I know you are busy.  I also know you are not likely to do anything about your paperwork right now.  I mention it so you don't feel surprised in January.  I like you enough to not blind side you.  Yep, I'm just that nice.

So here is what you can expect from me in January:
1) Motivation
2) Support
3) Ideas
4) Understanding

So go forth and celebrate your holiday season.  I will revisit this idea in January.  (Whew, did you just dodge a bullet or what?)

No comments:

Post a Comment