Friday, April 1, 2011

Frantic Friday #16 - Thinking of Others

If you are anything life me, your days quickly fill with to do lists and unexpected interruptions.  You may spend hours running from one activity to another, all the while feeling as if you accomplished nothing.

Today I am going to add one more (gigantic) thing to your list.  I am going to tell you to do one huge thing.  It may just knock you over...

Somewhere in the chaos of your life, you need to think of others.  Yep, there, I said it.  I went and added yet one more thing to your to do list. (You can kick me if you want to...)

Before you get too worried, I am not suggesting you take in meals to your entire neighborhood, or even that you bake cookies for the PTO meeting.  I want it to be a bit more basic.  Notice the clerk at the store, be kind to the lady in line at the post office, and maybe, just maybe, wave to the grumpy neighbor down the street.

Thinking of others does not have to take a lot of time.  It does not need to be a separate item on your list.  It just needs to be a habit we develop.  Sometimes we forget that everyone has feelings and that just because we are busy/stressed/hungry...whatever, we do not have the right to treat others poorly.

I really think that if we are kind and treat others well our overall day will be better.  I will be the first to tell you I can be grumpy, but I have never had that grumpiness get me anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment