Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Recharging - Good For Batteries - Good For People

Last night I fell asleep early, I mean really early, and I slept for 10 hours. If you just heard choirs of angels singing it is because I needed the sleep. My entire body had hit a wall and I was running on fumes.

I am sure I am not the only person to see this phenomenon in their lives. I am still not sure how I survived college, because I know for a fact I studied until 2-3 am on many occasions. I remember being tired, but able to make it through.  I may just have to admit I am a wee bit older now and my body needs more time to recharge.

Recharging is a vital step in our life process.  The only way to avoid it is to never overextend yourself, and what fun would that be???

Not only do we need to recharge our physical bodies, we need to recharge our mental status as well.  The stress of modern life can be draining.  "Simple" things like taking care of a family, heading to work, and dealing with the people around us can leave us feeling tired, sad, depressed and plain old drained.

Taking the time to fill ourselves back up is a necessity, not a luxury.  I may need to say that again for a few of you out there who push yourself to the breaking point every day...It is a necessity, not a luxury.

Being recharged allows you to do more, feel more and be more.  Walking around in a fog doesn't serve you or those around you.  So look at your life.  What can you do to recharge?  Get enough sleep, eat a little better, and find something to heal your soul on a regular basis.  The difference will be intense.  No one wants to run on a low battery so charge yours up!

No comments:

Post a Comment