Friday, October 16, 2009

Vacations - To Plan or Not To Plan

When you start out on a vacation are you a planner or more of a grab and go kind of person?  Do you think out every detail or are you impulsive, thinking if you forgot it you probably don't need it?

I ask because I am heading out to introduce my kids to the land of sunshine, surf and seafood.  I usually pack in advance and have multiple lists going to make sure I am on task.  This time I just jotted down a few notes and I am winging it.

We shall see how this goes!

I am usually a kitchen sink packer.  I want to be prepared for everything and all crazy possibilities.  My family likely thinks it would be a good idea to have the kitchen sink permanently mounted in the back of my van. (I think that sound like a MUCH easier way to wash my hands on the road...)

Anyway, I am off to test a theory.  I did minimalistic packing, I did minimalistic planning and I did minamilistic worrying.  We shall see how it goes, or doesn't go.  I will report back...assuming I survive the kids movies in the car on the way.

Up, up, and away!

No comments:

Post a Comment