Friday, September 16, 2011

Frantic Friday #30 - Autumn Focus

It is official, I got cold this week.  Yes, it's true, I put on socks and snuggled in a blanket while I watched a little evening TV.  Now don't get me wrong, it is still almost 100 degrees during the day, but at night and early morning there is almost a chill in the air. (In the spirit of full disclosure, "a chill" means high 70's, but when it has been over 110 for almost 5 months, that does give you a 40 degree drop...thus a chill.)

I wish I lived in a place where leaves changed and people wore sweaters, but alas, I don't.  There is something magical about the changing of the seasons, as if nature is telling us it is time to focus on other things. For me, cool weather means it is time to plant a garden, (yep, I live in the desert) clean out my closets, (I must make room for the presents coming at Christmas) and start baking.  My focus changes and I feel the need to get closer to family and appreciate that which I have.

What do the changing seasons mean to you?  Does your focus change?  Do you find yourself doing things differently?  Well, whatever it is you do to commemorate the turning of the leaves, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment