Friday, September 9, 2011

Frantic Friday #29 - Being a Parent

I have realized that there are things you will do for your child you would never do for yourself.  There are mountains you will climb, fears you will conquer and questions you will ask for the good of your child.

I often wonder if parenting is more about refining ourselves than anything else.  I am sure my children could be raised by someone else far more amazing than myself, but if that happened I would never have the refining fire I experience daily.   

Being a parent is not always comfortable, nor is it always enjoyable, but if I was not a parent I would have missed so many things in my life. I would have avoided so many growth moments. I would have slept in so much more often. (Oops, did that last one sneak in there...?) 

So on this crazy day, one where I head off to do yet another thing for my child, I realize that personal growth is a daily opprotunity.  I may not always like it, but the opprotunity is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment