Friday, September 2, 2011

Frantic Friday #28 - Preparing to Relax

I don't know about you, but for me, relaxation takes preparation.  I can't relax if I have things left undone. My mind spins, I feel uneasy and it takes a long time for me to let it go.

With a three day weekend just in front of me, I realize I am looking forward to family time and relaxation.  I'm thinking a few hours in the pool with the kids (the doc decided not to cast my arm after the break, yippee!) and some burgers sounds wonderful.

In order to make that happen I need to make sure the pool is clean, that we have hamburger meat and that I have the goodies to go along with everything.  I also need to know my duties around the house are caught up and I have prepped for next week.

Wow!  Who knew relaxation could be so tiring??

I do find it funny when I think about how many parts of our lives need preparation.  It is true, I could forget a lot of these things and just 'wing it' but honestly I doubt I would enjoy myself very much.  So I am off to prepare for relaxation...and I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment