Friday, October 29, 2010

Frantic Friday #4 - Lazy Mommies

I had a friend recently tell me a lazy mother cleans her own house.

I promise I do not feel lazy when I am on my hands and knees scrubbing.  I do not feel like a couch potato while I am doing laundry.  And I certainly do not feel like a slacker when I am decluterring the kid's rooms. 

So what exactly did she mean?

As I have often found out, it is easier to clean myself that to have my kids "help" in the process.  It is much harder to teach cleaning than to just do it.

This week I decided to teach my kids to clean. Honestly, I was amazed.  It took 2 days, but bathroom were cleaned, toilets were sanitized, furniture was dusted, floors were swept, mopped and vacuumed.  Sidewalks and driveways were swept, bedrooms were picked up, clothes were put in the laundry, bed were stripped and made.

I may have heard a choir of angels singing through the event.

While it was not quick, and I am sure it will be equally slow the next time, I realized I have 2 little helpers who are capable, and I am raising adults, not children. While they are slow and inaccurate, they will learn and eventually I will have a clean house.  I got an extra workout in the process, but I may just have found my new favorite helpers in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment