Monday, June 7, 2010

Motivational Monday #6 - Your Garage is NOT the Trash Can

Do you have a place in your home where you put items you never want to see again?  For us, it is the garage.  If I don't know what to do with an item, it goes in the garage.  If I am in a hurry, it goes in the garage.  If I am trying to "quick clean" the house, it goes in the garage.

Everyone has a place like this, it may be your garage, it may be your basement, or it might be a spare room.  This is the great abyss for which all "I have no idea what to do with this" stuff goes.

The funny part is that it doesn't disappear.  There is no magical fairy who empties this space and leaves it shiny and clean.  In fact the opposite is true.  The more stuff you have in there, the more stuff collects in there.

Here is you motivation for today.  STOP putting stuff in this area.  Deal with it, don't dump it.  When you get in the habit of dealing with your stuff you will collect less, you will store less and you will feel lighter.  (I wish I could tell you that this method would also make you look younger and be thinner, but clutter elimination can only do so much...)

No comments:

Post a Comment