Monday, June 6, 2011

Motivational Monday #47 - Expand Your Knowledge

There is an old saying, "You don't know what you don't know."  How true. How very true.

Sometimes the thought of putting time and energy into learning more can seem very overwhelming, but in reality, learning can be a simple task.

Just because I am a bit crazy, I added the website StumbleUpon to my daily routine.  I added in my topics of interest, and then StumbleUpon finds sites I have never looked at before, and would never think to find.  Today I ran across something quirky and I thought I would share it with you... It was a website detailing how to turn a regular soda can into a stove.

In under 5 minutes I learned something new.  It was painless and actually fun. Who knew I would learn that little tidbit today?

My humble suggestion is that you continue to learn each day.  With the internet, there are so many topics at your fingertips.  You can read classic novels for free, you can research countries near and far, and you can learn details on subjects that interest you. By spending just 5 minutes you can be connected to a world you never imagined, and maybe, just maybe you will expand yourself...

3 comments:

  1. I love StumbleUpon. It can be REALLY addictive, though. I've often spent an hour on there, with the intention of just killing a few minutes. It is a really neat website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Knowledge is addictive, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowledge IS addictive. That's one of the reasons I went back to school to be a teacher. I couldn't afford to be a student for the rest of my life, so being a teacher was even better. I could keep learning AND pass the knowledge along to children.

    ReplyDelete