Monday, November 28, 2011

Motivational Monday #64 - Stuffed

After the long Thanksgiving Weekend I can wrap up all of my festivities in one word...Stuffed!  I cooked for 15 hours to provide a 45 minute meal.  I baked a cake (twice, as the first one burnt), a pie, and cranberry tarts.  The 20 lb turkey was moist, the sweet potatoes were yummy, the stuffing was flavorful and the gravy (from a rue) was delicious. I flexed my organizational skills to get everything in one oven and still be hot at the same time.

And now I am stuffed, and not just physically.

I am mentally full.  My brain is tired and my body is exhausted.  It was yummy, but now it's done.

How often do we stuff ourselves with things we may not need, experiences we do not need and stress we definitely do not need?  For me the feeling of being stuffed is not one of contentment, but one of discomfort.

So now it is Cyber Monday.  We were supposed to shop like maniacs on Black Friday, at it appears from the news many people did just that.  Now we are supposed to shop like crazy people again.  Of course I would love it if you wandered over to Prepared Binder and ordered a few binders...but all in moderation of course. 

So while I hope your holiday was wonderful, I also hope you are done being stuffed.  Here's to a pleasant week of moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment