Monday, March 4, 2013

Motivational Monday #80 - Remembering The Not So Obvious

I once had a coworker who would answer most every question with "It is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer."  I have to admit I got a good giggle out of that, especially when we would ask him a deeply technical question.
Another Bad Hair Day

Sometimes life is intuitively obvious...but then again, sometimes it is not.  Some obvious things include:
  • My kids are always hungry
  • My kids are always making messes
  • I will never finish my to do list
  • Sleep is an elusive creature
  • Bad hair days are just part of life

Some things that aren't so obvious (at least at the time) include:
  • My Prom dress was a bad fashion choice
  • There is a reason they give you a suggested serving size on a tub of ice cream
  • High heals were originally designed as a torture device
  • No amount of mental telepathy (or nasty looks) will enable my husband to read my mind
  • You don't actually go to school to learn things you will use every day, but you go to school to learn how to learn

Unfortunately, the "not so obvious" stuff is usually the stuff that bites us in the backside. (For example, there is a very distinct reason I don't wear my prom dress anymore...)  We don't see a wall of water headed our way, so we forget to think about flood insurance.  We don't travel very often, so we don't keep our passport up to date.  We don't spend weekends with our insurance agent, so we forget our life insurance policy is about to expire.  I could go on, but I am sure you get the picture.

Spending a little time with the "Not So Obvious" is a great way to get yourself prepared.  If you are having trouble figuring out what it is that you can't remember, I suggest getting your hands on a copy of Prepared Binder.  No one like to be caught unawares, especially if what catches you could have been prevented.  Taking the time now is the best prevention...and I can promise you, THAT is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer!

No comments:

Post a Comment