Monday, October 22, 2012

Motivational Monday #69 - My Clean House *giggle*

Today I cleaned my house.  Who am I kidding?  I attempted to clean my house, and only succeeded in putting a dent in the project.  Short of having a housecleaning fairy, I want to know who really has all of their house clean at the same time.  A fully clean house may either be the 8th wonder of the world...or an empty theater set, but not a real home!

I think many of us have "Clean the House" projects on our lists.  They are items that can never really be accomplished, but are an endless journey of little progress and major setbacks.

Being prepared is the same.  It can never be "finished" and is always changing.  The preparation we need when single is different than when we are married, which is different than when we have young children, which is not the same as older children.  Being an empty nester is different even still.  I remember Anna Nicole Smith leaving her entire estate to a son who died before her, and nothing to the brand new daughter she had.  Obviously she had taken the time to prepare, but she didn't update her plan.  Oops.

So, as this is a Motivational Monday, and I just depressed you, I will attempt to add a little motivation.

Start where you are.  Pick one thing.  Prepare your financials, or your legal paperwork, or your funeral wishes, or your 72 hour kit, or your food supply.  Whatever you do, don't try and do it all today!  For the same reason you can't clean the whole house, you can't prepare your whole life for emergencies in one sitting.

So get up, get going, and get something done.  You can do it!  (How is that for motivation?  Should I offer to give you a locker room butt smack as I head you off into battle?)


No comments:

Post a Comment